Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fashion Week!

I was luckily able to go to a fashion show, part of New York Fashion Week, this weekend. This show was for Christian Siriano- he won Project Runway in Season 4. I love Project Runway! Although I didn't have the best seats- I could still see what was going on. More or less. I got to go backstage also and take a look at the hair and makeup team. I didn't get there in time to actually see them doing hair and makeup though! I love at fashion shows where the music is blaring and the beat goes with the way a model walks. Watching a model walk is like a sport. I felt bad for one model at the end of this show- she was wearing a great gown but was so slow and she was the last one off the runway. I felt so bad! My friend and I saw her running off when she got backstage. It was so crowded and we were standing in the back with a dangerously wobbly bar behind us. At this fashion show, not only the models, but so many people were wearing fur coats! I've always wanted a fur coat- a pink one. I'm looking for a fake one. Men and women alike were wearing fur hats, coats, everything. It was crazy and it definitely made me want to get a fur coat. So go buy yourself a fur coat, it's in style! Here are some pics:

A look backstage at all the preparation for the big show.
The Aveda hair team led by Antoinette Beenders
A pre-show rehearsal.
See how big the space is at first-it gets so crowded! Unfortunately we didn't get any goody bags (or bags filled with makeup) because we didn't have actual seats!
Christian Siriano- in the gray jacket- (probably making some last minutes touches) came out from backstage.
Eventually the show did get started and you can see how crowded it was.

(My favorite one is above-a leather jacket and a floor length tutu!)
Fur coats- didn't I tell you?
Full out leather dress, I've got to say it's not one of my favorites.

The final moment on the runway where all the models come in a line and you get to see all the looks at once. The colors and outfits coming down the runway were great but I didn't think they worked well together.
Some shoes I spotted outside the show- strange, because they were not people I knew. I still liked them though and felt compelled to take a picture.
At the end of the show we saw the models rushing out of the building- probably to other shows- and it was funny to see them out of 'character'. I had a great time at this fashion show! Arrivederci!

1 comment: