Friday, January 27, 2012

Too long or not too long?


Too Long or not too long? That is the question. Are long skirts really too long? No way. Think hippie, bohemian? Okay, well, they're in style. Before you know they’ll be everywhere, maxi skirts? Totally.
Bright colors on maxi skirts, just say no. Seriously.
Take a look. Darker colors are better, stick to brown,
dark blue, and maroon.
Long skirts + wedges = danger. No joke. You’ll be tripping over the edges of your skirt. Long skirts + flats/sandals = better.
Now I don’t care if the picture above has wedges, I STILL THINK ITS DANGEROUS. Only wear wedges and maxi skirts when the maxi skirt isn’t below your ankle. Most maxi skirts will be though, so as I said, stick with flats. I’m sure they made maxi skirts and dresses for people (hippies) to wear barefooted. But I don’t know.
If you're going modern bohemian, you’ll need bangles, and sandals. And jewelry. I’m pretty sure you need all kinds of jewelry. Modern Bohemian is sure to be in style. Long skirts, flowey pants, jewelry, and lace. You have just got to love lace tops, but that’s another discussion. With long skirts you should wear blouses, not t-shirts, although crop-tops work too, blouses that are white. Other colors are kind of hard to mix and match. The good thing is, with white blouses you can mix and match and they go with anything. On American Apparel, they have lots of nice tops. Sometimes buttons down the middle isn’t the way to go. Maxi skirts have patterns as you can see, flowers, stripes, squigly things. Everything. Personally I like the flowers because they're just peachie. I’ve been trying to get my friends to wear long skirts forever but of course they won’t. I DO wear them though, they’re in style. Only in summer, trust me, in winter I’ve tried with stockings. Does not work. Seriously. Even with boots its hard to pull it off. Just stick to summer, now is the best time to be hunting up the right skirt for you and getting your outfit ready for summer. Trust me. You won’t regret it.

2 comments: