Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mary Adams












Mary Adams. If you've never heard that name, go look it up. She is an amazing designer. I love these designs for their simplicity and  color. And many layers of petticoats. My favorite photo from her book, entitled, The Party Dress Book, is the fifth one from the top. It looks to me like fashion can be more than just an itchy top and too-high heels, but something you can wear with friends anytime of day, anywhere, and for any reason. Which is true, fashion is what you want to be. It's something you can't say with words-- because who would say, "My outfit is clearly better than your outfit. And everybody here sees that-- so when they compliment you on that ugly pea-colored sweater-- at least you'll know what hit you"? Hopefully no one, if you would-- it's time to see a psychiatrist.  Now, if you're not interested in fashion,no problem- although I'm sure it helps at an interview. Just like shaking somebody's hand firmly and looking them in the eye. It doesn't hurt to make an effort-- at least they know you're trying.  This is just some eye candy until next post which will definitely be long. I'm embarking on a journey to India very soon and my next post will not be for a couple weeks. Hoping to come back with inspiration and plenty of photos. Arrivedeci! Or rather "Namaskaar!" in this case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment